Tulips Part Four -
We Have Tulips!

Spring 2006
Our retired neighborhood curmudgeon, who lives across the street, is also the neighborhood watch person. He sits out in a comfortable spot where neighbors tend to gravitate to visit with him. He hears about what is going on. He drives through the neighborhood once a day and keeps an eye on everything.


Sitting out-of-doors across the street he has a clear view of what is going on over here. He had watched our prolonged struggles to get the bulbs planted.

Then when they bloomed, he came over and said very nice things about our tulips. That was high praise considering the source, and I was most appreciative, and gratified, because I was hoping the neighborhood people would enjoy them.



They never knew me, but here’s my small token planting of tulips, here’s to the Freed family. I wish I could give our neighbors as much beauty and pleasure as they gave us back then.







I have several more beautiful photographs of the tulips, but I do not want to bore you or overload you with too many. For those of you who want more, I put them into a slide show. Click on the following link and you will be transported.

When you get there, enlarge your screen (F11) and enjoy. I noticed that FireFox browser had no problem with it. When I looked at it on Internet Explorer, there were long pauses frequently. Be patient, it starts up again and finally gets through all the list. There are 35 photos. If you hover your mouse at the top of the picture, below the title "Tulip Show - Spring 2006" it should disclose the control panel where one may pause the slide show to look at a photo longer, and increase or decrease the speed of the movement if you would like to.

There is another slide show of a different subject on my web site; I'm sure regular readers have found it. If you are reading this on the blog counterpart, Barbee's Blog, it will not be posted on the blog; you will need to explore the website. I suggest checking out the list of Categories listed in that sidebar.

Slide Show Click HereTulip Show - Spring 2006

________________ BACK TO TULIPS INDEX ______________